Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break


Apparently we are starting a FABULOUS tradition of my niece, Lexi, coming to visit us during Spring Break. My Mom brought her up a couple of weeks ago and spent a week with us and my Aunt Julie came over from Texas as well. My sister and nephew, Slade, came a few days later to stay for a week also.
Julie turned the big 50 the day after arriving, so we did our best at celebrating. We had a yummy breakfast of German pancakes (Thanks Sarah!). We then headed off to Bellevue so Julie could go to Impress, a stamp store a friend of hers had told her about (she's way into stamping/scrapbooking). We then headed over to Whole Foods where we got a cute raspberry/lemon cake. We came home and made veggie and chicken enchiladas because Julie said she wanted anything Mexican! It wasn't too exciting, but we did our best!
The next day we headed downtown and wandered Pike's Market and Nordstrom. Ryan was even brave enough to stand next to the octopus at one of the fish stalls! When we got home that afternoon, the girls wanted to paint their nails and Peyton wanted hers done too, so she hopped up on my Mom's lap and grandma painted them for her!!Unfortunately Julie had to go home on Monday, but only after she taught me how to use my new Cricut machine. She had brought along about 18 cartridges that my sister and I stayed up all night learning to use. We have almost finished 16 way cute banners. When they're done I'll show you!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

No fair having fun without me! Nice to know I got credit though for learning how to use the Cricut. I did learn that I don't like to glue all our projects though (we must find a better system!)

Jacalyn said...

LOVING Wig's coat!!