Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!

On Wednesday, we had the fun of celebrating my friend Sarah's birthday with her. After dropping the girls off at preschool, I went with Sarah to get our eyebrows threaded. She'd told me about it before and I wanted to try it out because Troy is ALWAYS complaining about my eyebrows and my good friend Reagan isn't living in my house, or even the same state, to keep them properly tweezed! It was at this little Indian place in Kent and it was only $6. It totally hurt, but it was well worth it, you should check out our eyebrows! After eyebrows, we ran to Target where Sarah needed some essentials, it's always fun to have a fun to wander on errands with. We picked the girls up from school and then headed to lunch at the Black Diamond Bakery. We had a yummy lunch and huge, messy, bright yellow cookies. After lunch we headed home for some afternoon naps. A couple hours later, Jake and Sarah picked us up for a pre-Phantom dinner at The Palomino in Seattle. The food was really good and it was a fun "adult" restaurant. Dinner is always more pleasant when you don't have to wrestle kids!After getting turned around a few times, we had just enough time to walk a few blocks to the Paramount, we arrived with only minutes to spare. Phantom was amazing of course. Having seen the show before, I feel I was able to relax and enjoy the music. Unfortunately we had a disruptive guy sitting by us, so I wasn't too relaxed. Seriously, no one should have to sit next to a drunk man during a musical. Aside from that the music was wonderful and the theater was beautiful!
While we were walking back to the car we passed Cheesecake Factory and decided that we needed to stop in for a quick slice of cheesecake. Your birthday only comes once a year so we needed to celebrate every minute possible. The celebrating ended at midnight when I felt really bad for keeping my babysitter out so late. Seminary didn't start until 6:15am. Sorry Melissa!! It was such a great day, thanks Sarah for letting us be a part of your celebration!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

2 things I miss:

1. Middle Eastern beauty shop with cheap eyebrow threading.

2. The Cheesecake Factory

Sounds like you had a great day!

Missy said...

I am so glad you got your eyebrows threaded. Speaking of that I am a little overdue. Once you start threading your brows, you'll never go back to waxing and it doesn't hurt that bad!